Beautiful St Peter’s Church Field Broughton:
The present church stands near the site of an older chapel, also dedicated to St. Peter
The original church was a chapel of ease to Cartmel Priory built-in 1745.
In 1875 Field Broughton became a separate parish, but by 1880 the chapel fell into a poor state of repair and wasn’t fit for its purpose.
The current church was designed by Paley, Austin and Paley who were architects from Lancaster.
It took 2 years to build and was opened by the Bishop of Carlisle in 1894.