The Pepperpot Silverdale
The Pepperpot near Silverdale was built in 1887 to commemorate the Golden Jubilee of Queen Victoria’s accession.
The monument stands on Castlebarrow which has a rocky summit.
Over the years, there have been plans to build a ‘salt cellar’ to accompany it (most recently in 1977 to commemorate Queen Elizabeth’s Silver Jubilee).
The views from here over Silverdale and Morecambe Bay are exceptional.
To walk to the Pepperpot, start at the National Trust car park which lies close to Park Road and Waterslack Lane.
The path is clearly signposted through Eaves Wood with white Pepperpot images.
The walk to the top and back takes about an hour.